Thursday, January 5, 2012

A new year, a new baby, a new business...well, almost new

I had good intentions in 2011 to really hit the ground running with Posh Patooties. My son was getting older and more independent every day. I had more and more time on my hands to spend creating and working on the “back office” tasks of running a business. All of the pieces were starting to fall into place…so what happened?

Shortly after Hayden (my beautiful little boy) turned one, my wonderful hubby and I found out that we would be expecting another bundle of joy in about 9 months. What a blessing! This terrific news wouldn’t stop the Posh Patooties train in its tracks right? Sophie (my darling daughter-to-be) wasn’t quite so sure about that.

Morning sickness, HAH. Try all-day sickness well into the second trimester. Chasing around a newly walking, errr…running and very active toddler left me with zero energy each and every day. My daily goals were to create during his naps and work on computer stuff after he went to bed for the night. To my credit, I did complete several items. With the help of my niece and budding graphic designer, Lauren, a basic website was put together. I even opened an Etsy store and made my first sale despite my inadequacy as a photographer.

This is all great, but I didn’t come anywhere near reaching the goals that I had set out for myself at the beginning of the year. Well, it’s a brand new year, and a fresh start. I know there will be a lull shortly after Sophie makes her grand entrance and probably a few other setbacks…it’s inevitable.

I have faith though that 2012 is going to be a great year both personally and professionally. How can it not be? Hayden brings us joy, laughter, and inspiration every day. We can’t wait for Sophie to finally arrive and complete our little family. My husband and I will be celebrating 10 years of wedded bliss this year…love you hon!

I plan to blog regularly about shop news and new projects/products. As a mom, I know all too well how difficult it can be to make buying decisions for baby products, so I’ll also be reviewing the products and services I buy for my own kiddos. I will also pass along information about recalls as I hear about them. If there’s a product you would like another mom’s perspective on, contact me and I’ll look into it.

There will also be a few giveaways, so be sure to follow us, lest you miss the boat!

I hope you will all be there to share in this journey with me. May you all have a very safe, happy, and prosperous New Year.

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment